Tuteria seeks a Finance & Accounts Manager to implement, configure and support key financial applications in the company. You will help with defining, prioritizing and planning internal and external process that impact the overall finance of the organization.
This role requires strong business acumen, as well as an ability to translate information into company-wide processes and systems that drive consistent financial growth of the organization.
To be successful, you must have a knack for creating effective solutions while maintaining our spirit of fun, energy, and passion. Above all, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be a team player.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Sets company-wide standards for accounting and financial reporting systems;
- Manage cash disbursement to tutors, and co-ordinate timely collection of payment from clients
- Develop and manage long and short-term cash forecasts, utilizing historical trends, seasonal influences and future projections.
- Oversee daily cash management processes including internal expenditure, wire transfer operations, deposit and disbursement accounts
- Ensure company’s financial policies, procedures and controls are implemented efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting practices (locally and globally);
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports to the Company’s Executive Management (or as may be required)
- Preparation of cash flow statements, income statements and expenditure accounts, tax returns and balance sheet.
- Implement budget preparation, approval and execution processes including management accounting and corporate finance
- Manage all finance processes: develop and implement a modern cost-effective accounting system that meets the challenges and objectives of the Company
- Work with the HR Manager to oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
Min Required Experience:
- Must have at least, a degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Must be able to analyze moderate to complex financial information, including trends and forecasts.
- Must have knowledge of financial management systems; accounting policies and standards; tax management, cost accounting, etc
- 2 – 3 years working experience, with at least 1-2 years post NYSC relevant experience.
- Must be technology savvy and conversant with accounting software like QuickBooks, Sage, PeachTree or Xero.
- Having a Professional Certification (ICAN or ACCA), is an added advantage.
- Must have a functional laptop, be able to use the computer especially MS Excel and Google Docs
- Be 25-30 years, post-NYSC, and available full-time (Mon-Sat, 8:30am-5pm), preferably staying close to Gbagada, Lagos.
- Must be extremely good with numbers.
- Must be a perfectionist, with keen attention to details always
- Have good written, oral communication and negotiation skills
- Sound organizational, administrative and managerial skills, advantage if you have held managerial positions previously